Sony FDR X3000
Photo Specs and Settings
Video Specs and Settings
Interface and Connections
Sony FDR X3000 action camera specs and expert reviews.
A solid little action camera that really packs a punch, it has been touted as one of the best action cameras for 2017 and still going strong in 2018. It has a lot of features and what really sets it a part is the optical image stabalization (BOSS) that outperforms the digital and electronic stabalization most other high-end cameras are using.
It is let down by a couple of things, such as no viewing screen but you can use a phone with wifi or the watch mount which shows you what you have in shot.
- The controls are very simple to use, it has quick record which means you can turn the camera on and also record with that same click
- Many users are really impressed with it's video quality
- A lot of camera owners are saying it has the best image stabalization of any action camera
- A few are impressed with its slow motion and high definition video recording of 1080p at 120fps
- When compared to the GoPros, a lot of users found the battery life really good and would record for over 2 hours at 1080p
- Others have mentioned that a removeable battery is a great feature
- Other owners have said that its great that it is splashproof without its underwater housing on
- The small info screen is not backlit, which means that you will struggle to see it in the dark
- Having the underwater housing on will reduce the sound quality and you might not even record much audio with it on
Join the Forum and Talk About This Camera
Do you have a question about this camera, firmware, user guide or are interested in learning more about it? Head over to the forum to ask or find out anything you wish to know. Below are some posts specifically about this camera, why not get involved.
Camera Mentions in Articles
Compare This Camera
Compare this camera with others below in a camera vs camera feature and spec comparison. If there isn't a comparison you'd like to see, simply register to the site, 'Save This Camera' and another you're interested in comparing and head to your saved cameras.