Photo Specs and Settings
Video Specs and Settings
Yi Lite action camera specs, features and expert reviews.
We spent 5.1 hours reading reviews from experts and users. In summary, this is what the experts think:
A solid entry level, budget action camera which has features that much more expensive cameras have. It doesn't aim to do 4k video or super slow motion in HD but it has aimed to create videos in 1080p at 60fps which is the most used video res and frame rate and they've done that well for a price everyone can afford.
- Sony sensor, which is well tested
- It's a 1080p camera, which records at 60fps
- Great small rear screen to see what you are recording which is very responsive
- Uses Gorilla Glass on the rear screen, helpful if you are clumsy
- Incredible dual band WiFi connectivity
- Has an App which works really well, to control your Yi camera and even edit on the road
- Accepts extra batteries because they are replaceable
- Fantastic price point, sub $100 at launch with deals and coupons online
- You can use the same battery and housings in the Yi Lite, 4K and 4K+ so if you have both the Lite and the 4K+ they can share batteries and underwater cases
- Although it has Electronic Image Stabalisation, it's not the best, you may find it isn't the smoothest
- Not waterproof out of the box, you need a case or housing to take it underwater, for snorkeling, surfing, scuba, freediving, etc
- No raw photo available which is in the Yi 4k options
Are You An Expert?
Are you an action camera expert? Add your youtube review and link to your review on your site.
Just register on the site and you can add your reviews to any action camera you have worked with.